Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pay It Forward 2012

I know I'm behind on my Picture Perfect Room challenge and I have a to-do list a mile long, but when I saw this I just had to get on board right away!


A dear friend of mine, Leslie, posted on her Facebook page that she is participating in Pay It Forward 2012.  For those of you who are not familiar with the concept or the movie, the expression "pay it forward" is used to describe the concept of asking that a good deed be repaid by having it done to others instead.


Paying it forward can be accomplished on many levels... from simple acts of kindness like paying for the order of the person in line behind you at the drive-thru to more life changing actions like giving your old car to a single parent [or needy family] with no means of personal transportation.  Leslie has decided to send a handmade gift to the first 5 people who comment on her post... which is perfect for the DIY, thrifty, crafty, Blogland world in which we live!  And, I am lucky enough to be one of those 5!  In turn, I have to post the same message on my Facebook page and do the same thing.

Want a handmade gift from me?  Simply visit my Facebook page and leave a comment on the Pay It Forward 2012 post.  If you aren't already a "friend" of The Old Park Homestead, please click the LIKE button while you're there.  But, there's a catch... not a catch really, but more of how paying it forward works... you must post the same message on your Facebook page and pay it forward to 5 more people... or 10 or 20 people if you like!

Here's to an idea for changing our world... and putting it into action!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Every comment inspires me and I look forward to reading each one.
Join my Facebook page for even more interaction, pictures, and posts!