Friday, February 3, 2012

What I Like About Your Blog



Yikes! I don't know if I'm ready for this... but I joined up none-the-less over at Inspire Me Heather. What better time than the present to dive right in... with both feet... even if the water is cold... and it's freezing outside... and you forgot your swim suit... and... oh, get over yourself and just do it!

Here's what it's all about [from Heather's blog]:

Would you like to have some other bloggers give you an honest critique of your blog?
You won't know who they were either.
You can take their advice or dismiss it as you please - only we will know what they said.

1. Enter your blog.

2. Heather will email you 2 blogs to critique. Visit them and email her back with these 2 responses: what you liked about their blog and what you didn't like about their blog.

3. When you reply back to her with your 2 critiques (in one email, please) she'll give you a link to a private blog page where she'll post the reviews in random order.

Like I said before... yikes! No one wants to hear they have an ugly baby.  Who wants an ugly baby?  But, sadly, it happens.  Somehow the parents are blind to the ugliness.  Who's to tell them any different?  And the ugliness continues.

I have read countless blogs and posts about how to blog and what to watch for [good and bad].  I view all blogs with a discerning eye... making mental notes... and Pinterest notes... of what I like and dislike.  How can I make my blog better?  Can I incorporate "that" into my blog?  What do "the people" want?

My participation in this project will, in return, offer likes and dislikes from only 2 people.  But I'm OCD a perfectionist remember?  I need to exhaust all avenues... leaving no stone unturned.

So, I'm asking you... my Blogland BFFs... would you also be so kind [do I need to highlight "kind"?] to let me know what you think?  Pleave me a comment with your likes, dislikes, and what you'd like to see in the future.  I can take it.  Really I can.  If I once ran into burning buildings, I can handle this... [I think]

2 comments:

  1. I like how clean and easy to read your blog is, which is something I'm struggling with on my blog.

    I'm not good at criticizing people unless I'm married to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TCG,

      THANK YOU for letting me know what you think! One of the comments I received back from this project is that my blog is quite plain... all business. It's going to be a delicate balance between being clean and easy to read vs being quite plain... and making sure I don't go in the opposite direction and muddy the waters.

      Oh, Blogland... how finicky you are...

      Mr. Homestead sends his sympathies to your husband. They might need to start their own support group!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!
Every comment inspires me and I look forward to reading each one.
Join my Facebook page for even more interaction, pictures, and posts!